Your On Paper - JJ Pick the Podium Ready Reckoner
Adjusted for Heat 2 Sunday 17th -Rankings & Form Groups for the 32 Skiffs
1. Gotta Luv it 7, Thurlow Fisher Lawyers, Rag & Famish Hotel
2. Pure Blonde, Smeg, C-Tech (NZ), Mojo Wines, Appliances on Line, The Kitchen Maker, Yamaha (NZ)
3. Pica (UK), Lumix, CST (USA), Yandoo, Kenwood Rabbitohs, Asko Appliances, The Black Dog (UK), Winning Appiances (Qld), Maersk Line (NZ), Events Clothing (NZ), Team Daly
__________Consider this, the Podium positions should come from the above 3 Groups, however......?
4. DeLonghi Rabbitohs, Fisher & Paykel, Yamaha 2 (NZ), ASCC (NZ) Bridge Marina Travelift (NZ), APC (NZ), Brisbane 18 Footers (Qld), Southern Cross, Haier Appliances
5. Lomax Financial Services (Aust Girls), Southern Engineering Services (Chad's Angels USA Girls)
Tip 1. The more research you do before entering your “Pick the Podium © ” entry the better chance to win.
Tip 2. Race day weather forecast can be had a week before a race and is a key consideration for your entry ….. click on the www.seabreeze.com.au weather forecast link for pre and post race weather forecasts Rig selection counts for a lot in 18ftr racing and should be factored into your selection Most crews will opt for the 2nd rig over 15knots. on race day, so ponder that into your brain work.
Tip 3. Go after Frank Quealey’s latest written race reports for this JJ, located on the Home page of www.18footers.com.au . This will give you valuable info to compare with eg. Wind strengths, direction and race course used so you can develop your own form guide for the boats in different conditions and race courses.
Tip 4. Keep a close eye on the “News Blog” tab to be in the loop on gear damage to boats, crew changes and possible scratchings before you enter your next race Picks.
Tip 5. Try to watch as much of the JJ Race Videos especially the start, middle and end of each race so you can establish your mental form guide as the event progresses. Definitely read all of Frank Quealey’s Race Reports and then you have all the info.
Tip 6. Good Luck in the JJ